Thursday 29 January 2009

Oystercatchers at Roshven Bay


On my drawing board at the moment is an artwork depicting oystercatchers on the shoreline of a bay at Roshven a remote part of western Scotland.
I decided to portray this scene in a narrow panoramic format,although quite how long the finished image will be is not set in stone yet as i havn't finalized how many birds i want to include in the finished artwork.Compositionally,i'm inclined to crop my initial drawing at some point right of the 5th oystercatcher as i think this will work best.
i've photographed the drawing in thirds to show the various stages that i've worked the drawing upto.
The drawing itself will be used as a demonstration piece whilst i am Artist in Residence at Nature in Art a national collection of nature inspired art all housed in Wallsworth Hall,Twigworth near Gloucester in the uk.My residency runs from 3rd february untill 9th february and i'm looking forward to re-aquainting myself with some of my collectors.

No comments: