Sunday 1 March 2009

Barn owl progress




After another couple of days work in the studio the owl itself is almost complete and i am happy with the results so far despite the struggle i'm having with my paper.Working on this surface has been like a kind of magical mystery tour,with me never quite sure what the result of applying pencil to paper will be!.It just means that every step has been painfully slow with constant re-adjustments and having to re-evaluate which grade of pencil to use in situations where it would normally be second nature for me.Needless to say i wont be using this particular paper for this kind of work again,only sheer bloody mindedness keeps me going with this image,i hate giving up on a piece!.

1 comment:

artbykarieann said...

I'm glad you don't give up on a piece, the struggles with the paper will all seem worthwhile when the owl is completed