Thursday 17 February 2011

A blast from the past!

Whilst i'm busy working up the background toning for my latest drawing of a snow leopard cub i thought i'd post this image of my last oil painting of a Kingfisher.i did this about 15 years ago and its been languishing in the loft pretty much eversince but recently my wife found it and has insisted on putting it on the wall.Looking at it again after all these years i can see areas where i would have improved it had i been able or experienced enough to notice.but it got me thinking and the upshot of it was that i went out and bought some more oils and one day when i get some time i'm gonna give them another go.Although dont hold your breath in anticipation!

8 comments:

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

It's beautiful. Are we, as artists, ever satisfied? Haha, I have to look at my work and mentally tell myself, "Done." I look forward to seeing what comes of this painting too. Nice work!

Gary Baker said...

Languishing in a loft? Criminal. It's beautiful.

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

It is a vibrant painting. Look forward to seeing more.

Melissa@Little Log House Chronicles said...

Wow! You are an amazingly, talented, artist in my opinion. It would be great to see more of your work in this medium. Your graphite drawings are spectacular and I always look forward to seeing what you are working on.

Marie Flynn said...

Very beautiful painting.I love the colors.I have to agree with your wife,you should show more of your past works. You are so talented.

rebi edel said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!
I love this picture so much!
I mean I can understand your wife fully!
Not only the bird but also the whole atmosphere of the misty surroundings!

Heather Gordy said...

Love to see color. Looking forward to when you get a chance to do more oils. Your pencil is extraordinary, but for some reason, the color shows more feeling. Very nice.

Unknown said...

i'm so glad i posted this old oil now as i was very reluctant to show it as 15 years ago i had no luck at all with my coloured work,so much so that i abandoned colour in favour of graphite.the reaction i had to this oil both here and on other sites has only served to persuade me to try again at the earliest opportunity to incorporate some colour in my work.