Saturday 8 April 2017

A New Direction








Since my last posting my art has taken a new direction as you can see from the images above.These paintings are mixed media pieces incorporating oils,acrylics and gold leaf,both 24 carat and imitation gold leaf and variegated leaf.
I felt that I wanted to create something that functioned as both a serious wildlife piece and a highly decorative artwork and hopefully will appeal to a broader art buying audience.
I spent 5 weeks in the far east at the start of this year and ,amongst other things,i spent time learning the art of gold leafing from a master artist at the Royal palace in Bangkok,where I learned how to apply gold leaf in the traditional manner used in the far east.I felt that,even though I don't use my gold leaf in a strictly traditional manner, it would be very useful to know how to from a professional point of view.
These images above are the result of my experimentation over the last few months and are now available to purchase.For full details of these paintings please check out my website at www.clivemeredithart.weebly.com
I hope you like these new works and I would love to hear your thoughts.Clive

2 comments:

john said...

Good to see a new post from you. Gold leaf is a fresh perspective on wildlife art. I hope it generates some interest from the public.

Unknown said...

thankyou john,and apologies for taking so long to publish your comment,i'm a bit rusty with blogging and forgot to check for comments requiring moderation.
So far the gold leaf has gone down well with fellow artists and I'm hoping galleries will follow suit.