Friday 30 January 2009

Oystercatchers at Roshven Bay







Progress shots of my latest drawing.i have worked up 4 of the oystercatchers and about half the foreground rocks and pebbles.It's been great fun so far to work on and i'm thoroughly enjoying drawing birds again after such a long time.Birds and water were always one of my favourite subjects,not surprising really,living so close to a river and the birdlife of southampton water.
My drawing,still on the board,has now been delivered to nature in art in preparation for it's debut as a demonstration piece next week.Hopefully it should be an enjoyable week with lots of visitors,although todays weather forecast tells of siberian snowstorms hitting the uk next week! must remember my woolly jumper!I'll post some photo's of the exhibition and venue next week

No comments: