Tuesday 17 February 2009

Completed Red Squirrel drawing


Managed to complete my red squirrel today and i am pleased with the final image.I made a conscious decision at the outset of the piece to keep it simple and concentrate on pushing the image forward by use of the diffused background and lighting,i think it's been quite effective.

As usual with me i cant wait to take it off the drawing board and plunge straight into the next piece.my only problem at the moment is trying to decide which of the myriad of ideas floating about in my head to pursue first.After my week as artist in residence at nature in art and the ensuing snow i found the creative juices invigorated both by the weather and by the comments received from some of the visitors,positive feedback,indeed,any feedback,is so useful in progressing both from a personal point of view and professional.

No comments: