Sunday 19 February 2012

Barn owl painting update

Having completed the underpainting stages on the owl ive now started on the second coat of detailed oil.I'm working from left to right across the board and as you can see ive completed one wing and most of the body of the owl.I shall complete the bird before moving onto the tree stump.I'm hoping to have the painting completed in time to show at Nature in Art,the national museum dedicated to art and nature where i will be artist in residence from 13th-18th March.Ive completed three previous residencies there but after a gap of two years i'm returning to show my transition from graphite artist to oil painter and on show will be a selection of my new paintings and some of my graphite art as well as a range of prints from both oils and pencils and my fine art greeting cards.The museum is located in a fine mansion house Wallsworth Hall situated in Twigworth,gloucestershire and i will be working on a painting in the art studio which is set in the grounds of the hall surrounded by a marvellous sculpture garden.For details of the museum and artists residency program visit there website http://www.nature-in-art.org.uk/  

No comments: