Friday 29 January 2010

Falcon portrait


This is the start of my latest drawing which will be a portrait of a Saker falcon.My fascination with detail has got the better of me with this one as i'll be attempting to portray all the feathers.the plumage of the saker with its white striped head and chestnutty coloured wing feathers is particularly handsome and this is one of the things that drew me to this bird as a subject.The rough drawing took some time to get right but it's now been transferred onto my prepared paper and as usual ive started on the background toning.So far ive worked the background up using layers of H,HB and B grade pencils and i'll try and keep it fairly light this time.this is a dark as i shall go at least for the moment untill ive got some tone on the bird.

No comments: