Saturday 9 January 2010

'Low Tide-Little Egret' 5"x11"

All that remained to be done today was to complete the protruding mud bank and the reflection from the bird.i wanted to get across the impression of wet mud here and so i indented lots of highlights on the mud bank and then layered over with H and HB grade pencils before adding some loose details with a B grade pencil.i think it's worked out well,it's certainly been an enjoyable little piece to work on as it's a local scene to me and encompasses my two favourite elements water and birds.

6 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

I'm glad to have come across your blog, Clive. Very nice work. Enjoyed your description of how you managed the effects of the mud; it is certainly visually successful!

Unknown said...

hi lynda and welcome.thankyou for the kind comments on my work :-)

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Great job Clive, I must admitt I was really taken with the work you did to create the mud even before I read your comments.

Unknown said...

thankyou wendy i am relieved it worked as i hadnt tried indenting highlights on anything other than the main subject before

Brenda said...

Thank you for showing the steps of your drawing process. This is an amazing piece of art. It shows like a black and white photograph. I cannot believe how real his reflection in the water looks!

Unknown said...

hi brenda and thankyou very much for your comments,amongst all the subjects i tackle birds on water is my favourite because of the challenges reflections pose.